MCA, Inc. has led research and developed education programs for more than three decades. We have also worked with businesses like yours to design and implement processes that apply principles learned from and proven in other industries. Our mission is to improve labor productivity, material management and cash control in this industry. MCA’s team is comprised of Engineers, Scientists, Mathematicians, and people in many other unique areas of expertise who together ensure that when things happen, we have data and proper analysis to help you make well informed and correct decisions. Most recently, when the COVID-19 Pandemic struck the world without warning, MCA’s team was the first to have actual data indicating exactly what the impact has been. In addition, it forecasted what future impact it will have on the construction industry as well as the economic climate that drives contractor performance. MCA continues to monitor COVID-19 related impacts on construction jobs across the country every day. Using this data, we can help contractors redesign and implement process changes that immediately mitigate risk and ensure ongoing profitability.
Our work with contractors has allowed us to design and develop groundbreaking methodologies for:
– Productivity measurement in construction, specifically, ASTM “Standard Practice for Job Productivity Measurement”, E2691-20, the current national standard for the industry.
– Designing and developing a collective set of software tools that encompass the entire Work Environment Management® needs of the contractor, from planning work through feedback to estimating.
– Design and implementation of business models and supporting processes that allow contractors to utilize Agile Construction® principles and achieve unparalleled results based on data.
– Tools to help contractors identify Prefabrication opportunities, utilize Supply chain services, and maximize their benefit from Prefabrication and Vendor Services.
– MCA offers specific prefabrication facility design services that involve planning proper equipment needs, and the floor layout for efficient flow of work.
– Uniquely accurate Market Size and Market Share measurement methodologies, specifically aimed at construction value and all available work.
– Both facilitated, and on-line educational Symposiums, Forums, Workshops, and other sessions aimed at collaboration of practitioner-based hands on experience and actual results achieved tactically and strategically.
– MCA has published numerous articles, books, and white papers that highlight concepts and practical applications using real case studies from contractors. Our latest publications include a “Prefabrication Handbook for the Construction Industry” and a second edition of our most popular publication, “Agile Construction® for the Electrical Contractor.”
One of the key areas that we are helping contractors to respond to COVID-19 impacts is through faster identification of prefabrication opportunities, streamlined design and layout processes, and reduced system cycle time from conceptual sketches to installation-ready assemblies. The tools are readily available for most contractors; however, the process(es) that allow you to quickly and effectively utilize these for maximum benefit is often the greatest challenge or the completely missing link. Overall, a more efficient process for identifying your work, developing a structured plan for completing that work and Work Environment Management® (WEM®) all lead to significant increases in the amount of prefabrication and vendor performed services that you can leverage to mitigate risk and improve profitability.
MCA will join Applied Software for MEP Force 2020 to provide MEP contractors a glance at how you might evaluate and assess your business’s current project delivery system. Our goal is to ensure that you come away from MEP Force 2020 with an understanding of how your business is positioned to respond to COVID-19 and other less publicized disruptors in the industry. We will focus on signs of impact, measurement of impacts and strategies for mitigation of the risk associated with these many disruptive factors that contractors are facing today. In addition, MCA will introduce the Agile Construction® and Work Environment Management® concepts and principles to assist you in your evaluation as well as the tactical and strategic planning needed for returning to work and ongoing project management.
It is our goal to help you structure your business and business processes to be able to maximize the opportunities for prefabrication. This will be your defense against the impacts of COVID-19 and will be the key to your long-term success in an Industrialized Construction Industry. Applied Software produces the technology-based tools that you need to quickly and effectively design and layout your prefabricated assemblies, but to most effectively utilize this technology, your business must have in place consistent and efficient processes for identifying what to prefabricate; what level of detail and design is needed to ensure that correct, high quality assemblies are built; and to determine when the assemblies should be built, packaged, and shipped to the point of installation.
Our research has shown that more than 40% of labor time in the field is spent on material-related activity. This is costly: too costly for you to compete in an Industrialized Construction Industry of the future. You are attending MEP Force and are working with Applied Software because you know that prefabrication – moving the point of activity away from the point of installation – is an essential part of your Project Delivery System. Our goal at MCA is to ensure that your business can maximize its benefit from the use of prefabrication and State-of-the-Art prefabrication design tools.
At MEP Force 2020, MCA will provide an overview of current trends towards Industrialization of Construction®. This will include a look into:
– What is Industrialization?
– How does Industrialization occur?
– How does Industrialization impact the Industry?
– Where are we at today, in terms of Industrialization of Construction®?
We will also share Optimized Operational Models for Contractors in an Industrialized Industry, with specific emphasis on Work Environment Management (WEM®). Optimized models include the main elements of what we refer to as “Agile Construction”. Agile Construction® consists of four major elements:
– WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
– JPAC® (Job Productivity Assurance and Control)
– SIS® (Short Interval Scheduling)
– Externalizing Work® through Prefabrication & Agile Procurement®
MCA will share basic design elements of an effective Work Breakdown Structure that is optimized for identification of prefabrication opportunities. We will introduce the dimensions of work and the planning that is essential to fully leverage the benefits of prefabrication.
Our presentation at MEP Force 2020 will show the sources of data needed to manage your Work Environment. Additionally we will overview our simple tools for supporting the data and information needs of contractors seeking to thrive in an Industrialized Construction Industry.
For additional information about MCA, MCA’s approach to Prefabrication and our WEM® software tools, you are invited to visit our websites and join our prefab Forum.
For information about MCA and the services we provide, please visit us at: http://mca.net/resources/services-we-provide/
For information about Prefabrication and MCA’s Industry leading approach, please refer to our latest “Prefabrication Handbook for the Construction Industry.” You can get a copy at: https://mcasoft.com/product-category/books/
To join our prefab discussion and learn from other contractors and their journeys to implement prefabrication processes join our forum at: https://mca-soft.com/agile-construction-forums/
For additional information about WEM® and WEM® Software visit us at: www.wemsoftware.com
For general information or to discuss your business’ specific needs, please contact: Phil Nimmo, Vice President of Business Development MCA Inc. (A Management Innovation Company™) Cell: (810) 610-3004, or email@example.com