The development, quality assurance and product management teams of eVolve MEP have worked with customers to develop the latest release of eVolve Mechanical – 4.4.2. This latest release is available for download at: http://evolvemep.com/downloads.
Version 4.4.2 is packed with enhancements and new features, making it a substantial update and one that users are already expressing excitement about. This version is the last major update expected before compatibility with Revit 2022. It will also be the last major update to be released for use with Revit 2019. Included are new Quick Tools for simple modeling tasks, Automation Tools for advanced needs and Prefab Packages for fabrication workflows. General improvements have been added to core features, easier dialogue layouts and general reliability.
- Autodesk® Revit® 2019.2
- Autodesk Revit 2020.2
- Autodesk Revit 2021.0
If you’re not yet using the specialized eVolve Mechanical features, request a demo and find out what you’re missing.
- Pre-Fab Packages –Bundle multiple spools into an overall package and quickly create views, schedules and sheets for your deliverables.
- Quick Tools – New modeling tools allow you to quickly address clashes and drafting content.
- Connect Elements
- Copy Connected Elements
- Remove Elements
- Pick Plane
- Custom Annotation Tags – Control tags and add them directly to the eVolve Ribbon. Add offset values to ensure tags are placed uniformly.
- Automation Tools – Get better workflows with custom macros, parameter sync and import/export data.
- Parameter Sync Scripting – Now you can add customPowerShell scripts directly into your rules to combine parameters, sync across multiple categories and more. Utilize the Revit API for more advanced needs.
- Macro Automation – Makes using macros easy and removes all the overhead required in creation.
- Integration Platform & API – Export and import data directly within Revit, whether linking to PowerBI or even cutting table software.
- Ignore Parts in Hanger Collisions –Choose the hanger clashes that matter and ignore certain collisions based on family names or pattern numbers. No more clashes with flex duct.
- Export Points Origin Options –Whether your project is based on internal origins or on a shared coordinate system, you can now export points exactly the way they’re needed by the field.
- Include Hangers within Spool –Automatically choose to include hangers into the spool they are supporting.
- Property Grid Control Limits –Choose when eVolve Property Browser should run, allowing you to see information when you need it, while keeping your model and performance optimized when you don’t.
- Align/Space Tools Include Insulation –Quickly adjust parts with align and spacing tools based on their external
- Element Filter Enhancements –Element filter now has many small improvements that allow you to see and control more information.
- Content Updates –Content updates to sleeve families and project templates have been incorporated, including correcting template schedule logic, adding prefab view filters and a new prefab element filter.
- Remove Hanger ‘By Material’ Configuration –Rules for material configuration in hanger settings will need to be converted to any service-based rules, which can be easily accomplished with the new bulk updating feature on the toolbar.
- UI Updates –A comprehensive user interface update is included, focusing on simplifying dialogues and giving users more control:
- Updated icons, tooltips and help links
- Enhanced open/save dialogues
- Added toolbars for forms
- Standardized grid functionality
- Streamlined grid navigator
- Family Browser ‘Reset Grouping’ button
- Rework Shared Parameters Loading – Whereas previously only fabrication parameters were created on-demand, now parameters are also automatically added when needed. New features will work out-of-the-box without the need for users to manually add additional parameters to their model.
- Workstation Setting Additions –New controls have been added to Workstation Settings which allow further control.
- Show grouped columns option in Grid States
- Manage suppressed messages in Reset Workstation Settings
- Reset saved grid stateswithin Reset Workstation Settings
There are about twenty targeted bug fixes in version 4.4.2, plus those addressed indirectly through other enhancements. Customers who provided ideas and feedback are an integral part of feature development and their input enables comprehensive releases.
eVolve Mechanical software makes the move to Revit easier, while automating mechanical detailing tasks. As you adapt to your industry’s changes, choose a technology partner that knows your industry firsthand. The experts of eVolve MEP have worked in the construction trades, so they know the challenges you face and the innovations that can make a difference.